Knockderry House is based in rural Argyll and Bute and like the rest of mainland Scotland is in Tier 4 following the announcements made today by the Scottish Government. Further restrictions are coming into force on Friday 8 February.
- In a Tier 4 area you cannot leave home unless for essential reasons, including travelling to work, caring responsibilities, essential shopping, exercise and being part of an extended household.
- Anyone outside their homes must stay as close to home as possible and avoid crowded places.
- Everyone over the age of 12 must limit outdoor gatherings to just two people from two households.
- All places of worship will close, except for broadcasting a service, funeral or wedding.
- A maximum of five people allowed at weddings.
- A maximum of 20 people allowed at funerals; wakes are banned.
Our intention was that we would re-open in the first week of February 2021. This is now unlikely but we are closely monitoring all advice so that we can open our doors again just as soon as it is safe to do so.
Everyone at Knockderry House wants to thank you, our wonderful guests for all the support you have given us during these challenging times. We have been touched by your kindness and generosity and we are looking forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back in 2021.
Although the hotel is closed to visitors, our reception team are still monitoring calls, messages, emails and bookings so if you are planning your holiday for next year we are still here for you if you wish to call. And, if you are looking for a gift for someone locally or a treat for a friend or family member for 2021 then perhaps consider a gift voucher?
Finally, Murdo, Beth and all the Knockderry team send you our very best wishes for a happy, safe and prosperous New Year.
Murdo and Beth MacLeod
‘We’re Good To Go’, is the industry standard across all sectors of the tourism industry in Scotland and the rest of the UK demonstrating that we're adhering to the respective governments' and public health guidance. We have carried out a full COVID-19 risk assessment to check we have the required processes and protocols in place.
Our operating procedures will be constantly reviewed and updated as information and the latest advice is received so that you can relax during your visit, assured of our commitment to your comfort and safety.