Join the Knockderry team
When you work at Knockderry House you are more than just an employee, you are a valued team member and colleague. You can find out about employment opportunities at Knockderry House here. Knockderry House has a small and close-knit team. We are passionate about customer service and are constantly striving to improve what we offer.
Award winning hospitality...
The hotel has received numerous awards for the quality of its food, the restaurant and its customer service. We achieved 2 AA Rosettes in 2016. In addition we won Fine Dining Hotel of the Year in 2017, and Romantic Hotel of the Year 2016 at the Scottish Hotel Awards and in 2018 we won a Grand Award – The Gold Laurel Award for Insight, Innovation and Investment. Many of our staff have been with us for years with some returning to work for us. We offer a supportive working environment and attempt to encourage personal growth and development where at all possible. Several young team members have gone on to develop very successful careers in the hospitality industry based on their early experiences here at Knockderry House. If you are interested in a career in hospitality and would like to discuss joining our team then do contact us directly.
Restaurant Supervisor / Duty Manager
Reports to: Head of Front of House
Responsible for: Restaurant Service
As Restaurant Supervisor you will be the Head of Front of House’s deputy in the food & beverage department and in her absence you will be responsible for delivery of the service. Specifically you will be responsible for assisting with coordinating all aspects of food and beverage service and delivery within the hotel including the restaurant and bar. A more detailed list of responsibilities are outlined below.
Due to hours of work the position would require the candidate to be a car driver and hold a full UK driving licence
Previous experience in restaurant service essential and experience in supervision preferred.
Full-time (45 hrs / week)
Salary: £23,400 /year
Key Areas of Responsibilities
Bar and Restaurant Management
- Ensuring that the restaurant is effectively run both in and out of service.
- Achieving service that exceeds expectations.
- Participation in overall Hotel maintenance and cleanliness.
- Developing and delivery of Standard Operating Procedures.
- Managing the service of food and drinks in the restaurant and lounge bar areas
- Advising guests in the selection of food and beverage.
- Demonstrating a good basic understanding of wines and food matching the equivalent of WSET Level 2.
- Ensuring dinner reservations are confirmed in advance with guests to ensure maximum profitability from cover space.
- Ensuring that the restaurant dairy is properly managed on a weekly basis and that all relevant information with regards to afternoon teas and large tables is distributed to the relevant personnel.
- Continue to develop the weekly dietary requirements sheet for the kitchen and ensure that kitchen team is update with any operational changes that may affect service.
- In the absence of the General Manager and Front of House Manager, they must ensure that full Function Planning Schedules are prepared and distributed to all departments well in advance of any events. Chef is to be included in food related discussions.
- Ensuring all guests receive a warm friendly welcome at all times.
- Ensure guests are provided with an efficient, friendly and courteous bar and restaurant service.
- Minimize number of customer complaints and assist the Manager responding to any complaints that may arise
- Responsibilities for staff professional attitude including that Front of House staff meet Company appearance and uniform standards.
- Awareness of staff morale, and team working. Recording, reporting and advising the General Manager of any grievances so they are dealt with as quickly as possible.
Stock Control and Purchasing
- The management and control of all front of house stock
- Assist with the quarterly stock control check
- Assisting the Head of Front of House in managing breakages and the purchasing of new food & beverage equipment as required
- Participation and input towards F&B Marketing activities.
- Handling Food & Beverage enquiries
- Advising the Operations Manager on promotional activities
- Duty Management responsibilities as standard
- All other duties as directed by the managers or directors including occasional overnight duties in the absence of the General Manager.